As of Monday November 23, 2020 our studio location has been included in the Orange Zone – warning zone. As of right now this does NOT affect our ability to stay open and hold classes. We are classified under Sports and Recreation and as per the NYForward website which states: “If open, appropriate social distancing of at least six feet among individuals must be abided, acceptable face coverings must be worn by individuals who are over the age of two and able to medically tolerate such coverings, and frequent cleaning/disinfection measures must be in place for hard surfaces and objects frequently touched by multiple people (e.g., handrails, benches).”
We will continue to update everyone on our status as we navigate through this.
We are excited to welcome you to our new studio and get back to dancing! Things will be different and it will take some time to adjust, but it’s nothing we can’t handle! We have developed a safe plan to protect our Tournesol Dance family and staff.
Please take the time to read the following COVID-19 Guidelines and Procedures.
Guidelines and Procedures
- A COVID-19 Liability Release Waiver must be signed by any dancer before taking any class at Tournesol Dance. Each day a small questionnaire must be signed.
- Upon arrival we will be using a “no touch” thermometer for all people entering the building.
- We ask that you show up 15 minutes before class time to make this transition smooth and that way we do not take away from class time.
- Each dancer will come into the building one at a time.
- When entering the building a face mask is required. If you forget your mask we have disposable masks available for purchase.
- Only dancers, teachers and staff will be allowed in the building.
- Shoes will be left at the door. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Dancers should arrive dressed for class. There will be no use of dressing room. Dance bags and hand bags will be stored in cubbies or on marked places on the floor.
- Dancers may remove masks upon entering the dance room, if they would like. Teachers will have masks on at all times.
- Once class is over dancers will be directed, one at a time, to put their mask on, collect their belongings and find their way back to the door.
- Upon exiting dancers will receive more hand sanitizer and be on their way.
- All equipment used will be cleaned after each class. (Ballet Barres, door knobs, etc.)
- Dance floors will be cleaned regularly every day.
- Restrooms will be cleaned regularly through the day.
- Teachers, staff and dancers will wash hands regularly and practice social distancing 6 feet apart.
What it will be like in the studio
- There will be no hands-on adjustments by teachers to students.
- No shared equipment between dancers besides Ballet Barres, keeping 6 feet in mind.
- The floor will be marked in 6 foot squares that dancers must adhere to.
- Class sizes will be reduced down to 8 dancers per class (per room).
- There is space for teachers to walk the perimeter of the room so no dancer will feel unnoticed.
- The drinking fountain will NOT be available for use, so please come prepared with water.
- At all times social distancing will be practiced, if you are unable to maintain 6 feet apart at any time a mask must be worn.
**Please note that these guidelines, procedures and cleaning are subject to change per CDC Guidance.